Chapter 2: Carnivore Cruise

Comments

• HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    Horace turns to the rest of the party.

"Why is it that every person we capture tries to get tough as if they're in a position to negotiate? Just once, I'd like to see a captive recognize the reality of their situation and do the normal thing of shitting themselves in fear while pleading for their life."

Horace slams a bolt in his crossbow and cocks the string. Moving to Bret, he roughly jams the crossbow under the guard's chin.

"This one annoys me the most. Are we killing both or just one for now?"

[color=cornflowerblue][b][i]

[/b][/i][/color]

• “2519! 2519! That’s the code. Chill man! Chill!”
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    edited December 2019
    “2519! 2519! That’s the code. Chill man! Chill!”

"Is it really, though. And what code? Code for what?

Actually, never mind. What's the point of trusting either of you."

[/b][/i][/color]

• “It’s the code for the security door that holds all the valuables. I assume that’s why you’re here.”
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    “It’s the code for the security door that holds all the valuables. I assume that’s why you’re here.”

"Honestly, we're just here to investigate the beast and kick alien ass. But you Mon-stars are like a weird little cult and refuse to cooperate with anybody. It's starting to get to the point where the best thing for humanity is to wipe you out first. And that'll be your fault. Stop treating fellow humans like the enemy or we'll be forced to do the same."

[/b][/i][/color]

• “Look man. We don’t know nothing about no monster and we don’t got no aliens. Honest mister.”

They both nod nervously.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    “Look man. We don’t know nothing about no monster and we don’t got no aliens. Honest mister.”

They both nod nervously.

"Riiiiight.

Frankly, your reputation betrays you. Call it guilt by association. The dogs aren't updated yet, so we'll just be heading to the vault without you. Well, at least without one of you."

Horace moves a finger. The crossbow, still under Bret's chin, releases its bolt.

[/b][/i][/color]

• MittensMittens RabbleRouser,
    Paco looks menacingly at the remaining captive.

Got anything else to say otherwise your fate's the same as your partner.
  • With a thunk, the bolt is released and pierced the soft underbelly of Bret’s chin and goes through his mouth and into his skull.

Immediately his head falls forward and a gurgling sound comes from his throat. Blood gushes from his mouth, down his shirt and on to his lap.

Charlie let’s out a muffled scream and begins to cry. He tried in vain to quickly crawl backwards and up the wall behind him. He curls up in a ball and puts his hands up facing you to defend himself.
  • Charlie pleads, “Bret told you. That’s the code man. There’s some guards with dogs before you get there but that’s it man! Please don’t kill me. I’ve got kids!”
    We'll let you live if you help us get past the guards and dogs. I'm assuming you know them?
    Horace
  • “Ye...ye...yess.” He stammers.
    He slowly gets up to his feet. As he rises he catches a glimpse of Bret’s injuries. He turns quickly and puts his hands on his knees and throws up.

He stands slowly wiping his mouth.

“What do you want me to do?”
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

"I don't see any way we can trust Charlie to come with us. He's just gonna scream the first chance he gets. I think we're well past the moment when we could've all worked together for the greater good. Either we end his suffering now or one of us keeps him captive here until we're done. It doesn't seem smart to me to do this one man down, but whatever. I'll let others decide."

[/b][/i][/color]

• JohnnyDollarJohnnyDollar RabbleRouser
    “Look man. I’m not gonna do anything to get myself killed. This job’s not worth it. I’ll do whatever you want. But please don’t kill me. I’ve got two kids.”

With no response he simply looks at you and says, “I’ll tell you one thing. The correct code to the exit in the bedroom is 2682. That will help you get out once you’re done. I’m going to go. I won’t tell anyone what I’ve seen. Thanks for letting me live.”

With that he walks away without turning around. Your heist starts now.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

"Uh, so now these guys have both told us to trust them and that they're giving us the correct code, but they gave us different codes! So we still don't know anything and n-- HOLY SHIT WHO UNTIED HIM AND SAID HE COULD LEAVE?!?"

Horace executes Charlie like he executed Non-Charlie.

[/b][/i][/color]

Horace spins around and raises his crossbow. The man begins to run. As he runs you can hear him sobbing. You can’t hear what he’s saying but it sounds pleasing. Perhaps a prayer. And then the arrow releases.

It finds its mark in the man’s back. He stops. A gurgling. And falls to the ground. He moves slowly to bring something from his pocket. A photo. He touches it lightly with his other hand. Tears in his eyes. And then it is over. Life leaves his body.

You now stand alone. Ready for the heist.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

"That is 100% your fault, dude. Stop trying to make me feel bad!"

[/b][/i][/color]

• HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    Horace heaves a sigh and then sets about looting both guards, taking care to drag their bodies around the corner and out of sight.

[/b][/i][/color]

Thanks for making me into a liar, but I guess it was for the best.

I'll help you check their pockets!
    You find 25 gold. And a note in each victim’s pocket that says 2682. You also find a bloody picture of a little boy and a little girl. About 5 and 7 years old. They are sitting on a bail of hay next to a pumpkin. Smiling.
    Fuck. I feel horrible.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

"So Charlie was still lying to us, even after we killed Bret. We're up against a bunch of scumbags here."

[/b][/i][/color]

Not a good look! Let's get a move on. Horace, hold on to the loot until we get done with this shit, will ya?
    Just then you see a blur. But actually you heard it before you saw it. But now you see it. The blur. It wizzes through the air and misses Horace.

What the fuck was that‽

Paco turns to his left, but before he can, he is knocked to the ground taking 1 damage.

Just then, Gosling transforms back into himself and you see the object as it screeches to a halt. It’s a dog. A German Shepard. It is confused looking at Gosling.

A scream and a dog is on Prancy violently ripping its head from side to side doing 3 damage.

“Get those motherfuckers!”

You look and see 3 guards, surrounded by 8 more dogs.
    Prancy tries to get to his weapon, but fumbles the strike and the fog remains on top of him.
    It wasn’t a fog on top of Prancy. It as a dog. But now there was a fog. A poisonous one. Prancy looks over to see Gosling with his hand out. The dog falls over dead.
    One of the guards sees the magic performed by Gosling.

“What the fuck‽”

He puts his fingers to his mouth and whistles. The dogs all look immediately to him.

“Sick!” he says while pointing at Gosling.

The dogs immediately look to Gosling, but are quickly distracted by the sounds of their dying friend.
    Paco also extends his hands. They crackle. Smoke. And then explode into a cone of fire towards the guards. Flames envelop them and 5 dogs surrounding them. Screams and the sounds of dying and yelping dogs are drowned out by the roar of the fire.

As it subsides, the bodies of the dogs are revealed burnt to a crisp. Two of the guards are down on one knee. And one is climbing back up from the ground. His entire body scorched and his hand looks like a burning ember.
    Horace, seizing on the chance, reaches behind his back and pulls out not one, but two crossbows. He pulls the trigger sending two arrows flying. One sinks into the guard who was getting to his feet. An arrow through the eye and through the back of the skull. He falls over dead. Likely happy to be so.

The other sails just wide of a second guard as he dodges it quite easily. The two guards are now back to their feet.

The guard who was not targeted whistles and 3 more dogs emerge from the cave. “SICK!” He yells as he points at Paco.

The dogs jump to Paco. At his throat. At his arms. At his legs. At his ribs. Their heads jerking side to side. Enacting vengeance on their fallen comrades. The blood they draw only enrages and encourages them more. His body falls limp. The dogs tear for a while longer, but quickly lose interest.

Gosling is distracted by the death of his friend and the other guard catches him slipping and bashes him in the head with a club. Gosling’s head cracks open and blood gushes out. You can see the skull beneath the blood.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Drop image/file