Chapter 2: Carnivore Cruise

14567810»

Comments

• HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    Horace turns to the rest of the party.

"Why is it that every person we capture tries to get tough as if they're in a position to negotiate? Just once, I'd like to see a captive recognize the reality of their situation and do the normal thing of shitting themselves in fear while pleading for their life."

Horace slams a bolt in his crossbow and cocks the string. Moving to Bret, he roughly jams the crossbow under the guard's chin.

"This one annoys me the most. Are we killing both or just one for now?"

[color=cornflowerblue][b][i]

[/b][/i][/color]

• JohnnyDollarJohnnyDollar RabbleRouser
    “2519! 2519! That’s the code. Chill man! Chill!”
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    edited 6:35PM
    “2519! 2519! That’s the code. Chill man! Chill!”

"Is it really, though. And what code? Code for what?

Actually, never mind. What's the point of trusting either of you."

[/b][/i][/color]

“It’s the code for the security door that holds all the valuables. I assume that’s why you’re here.”
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    “It’s the code for the security door that holds all the valuables. I assume that’s why you’re here.”

"Honestly, we're just here to investigate the beast and kick alien ass. But you Mon-stars are like a weird little cult and refuse to cooperate with anybody. It's starting to get to the point where the best thing for humanity is to wipe you out first. And that'll be your fault. Stop treating fellow humans like the enemy or we'll be forced to do the same."

[/b][/i][/color]

“Look man. We don’t know nothing about no monster and we don’t got no aliens. Honest mister.”

They both nod nervously.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    “Look man. We don’t know nothing about no monster and we don’t got no aliens. Honest mister.”

They both nod nervously.

"Riiiiight.

Frankly, your reputation betrays you. Call it guilt by association. The dogs aren't updated yet, so we'll just be heading to the vault without you. Well, at least without one of you."

Horace moves a finger. The crossbow, still under Bret's chin, releases its bolt.

[/b][/i][/color]

• MittensMittens RabbleRouser,
    Paco looks menacingly at the remaining captive.

Got anything else to say otherwise your fate's the same as your partner.
    With a thunk, the bolt is released and pierced the soft underbelly of Bret’s chin and goes through his mouth and into his skull.

Immediately his head falls forward and a gurgling sound comes from his throat. Blood gushes from his mouth, down his shirt and on to his lap.

Charlie let’s out a muffled scream and begins to cry. He tried in vain to quickly crawl backwards and up the wall behind him. He curls up in a ball and puts his hands up facing you to defend himself.
    Charlie pleads, “Bret told you. That’s the code man. There’s some guards with dogs before you get there but that’s it man! Please don’t kill me. I’ve got kids!”
  • MittensMittens RabbleRouser,
    We'll let you live if you help us get past the guards and dogs. I'm assuming you know them?

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Drop image/file