Chapter 2: Carnivore Cruise

Comments

• JohnnyDollarJohnnyDollar RabbleRouser
    As Florp pops the Twinkie in his mouth he can't help but think how fukken delicious it is. I mean, this shit is amazing.
    Horace
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    Horace backs away from the sphere and tries to put some distance between himself and the necklace.

[color=cornflowerblue][b][i]

[/b][/i][/color]

As Horace backs up, he bumps into the sphere wall. Was it that close before?
    Horace
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Florp, seeing how well it worked last time...swings his axe at the basketball
    Florp swings with all his might. Maybe too much might. The axe slips a bit, but still hits the orb. It hits. he can feel it. And just as it does everyone in the room gets a little dizzy for a second. Not enough to lose balance, but just feel it. And the sphere fades a little.
    Horace
  • Inspect the inside of the sphere
    prancier than thou.
    edited August 24
    As you bend down you cup your hands and peer into the orb. Seeing past the glow you can see inside. And it's mechanical. All of it. You see gears and pistons, etc. This is what's creating the sphere you are in. It's the power source.

But there's something else. The gears towards the center are moving much slower. And everything gets faster as it moves to the outer part of the orb. It's almost as if this orb is....affecting time.

It dawns on you that is why Petunia died. Not from any force. But because she had been down here for years. She starved to death. On her way to get ice cream. She died. Her flesh rotted. And here lie her bones. For who knows how long. Now that you think of it, how long have you been in here?
    Horace
  • Smash the orb
    prancier than thou.
    This whole thing hurts your head. You hate this orb. You smash it with your fist. Fuck that hurt. You all get dizzy for a second and see the sphere dim.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Slightly embarrassed with himself and the weak swing he managed previously. Florp takes a moment to double check the balance of the axe, "hmm, seems off. That explains it", he spits in his palms, and readies another mighty swing.
  • "everyone attack this thing!"

I'll make another attack
    prancier than thou.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    Horace is unsure whether Ondee's or Gingerbard's attacks landed, so he readies his own. With a flourish, he dual-wields a pair of hand crossbows and fires them both.

[/b][/i][/color]

The arrows fly towards the orb. As they get closer they speed up. Faster and faster. Until the land.

The orb shatters and the sphere starts to dissipate. You can now see through to the outside world. Albeit filtered yellow. Everything is moving in slow motion. Very slow. Almost frozen. Shards of wood splintered. Everywhere. Torn metal scraps. And there’s the bartender! Well, the top half of him anyways.

You all float towards the edge of the sphere. Except Gosling. He’s slowly being pulled into the sphere. Horace locks eyes with him and lurches towards him. He grabs his wrist and pauses. Just for a second. Then spins and the woes him out of the sphere. Horace lurches forward and out of the sphere.

Once you are outside the sphere everything speeds up. An explosion. A loud boom. And you’re flying. Everyone flying. You land on the shore with a thud. Ship parts flying everywhere. Stuck in the sand and into trees. Small fires everywhere. Your face ashen with soot. You roll over and you’re lying next to Virgil who appears to be waking up. And Petey. Who doesn’t.

Just then Horace lands on the beach in a squat. He stands and looks at you.

“Couldn’t have timed it any better.”

• HoraceHorace BabyGroot

So... how far to La Quinta?

[/b][/i][/color]

You are unfamiliar with where you are at the moment.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    Horace scans the beach, taking note of each person present.

[/b][/i][/color]

You see everyone who was in the sphere groggily getting up. You see Virgil lying next to Petey. Petey is face down in the sand. Unmoving.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    Horace races to Petey and rolls him over, checking for signs of life.

Petey? PETEY?!?

[/b][/i][/color]

As you roll him over you see he is no longer with you. His face is ashen and cold. His suit disheveled. His necklace broken. A small piece of paper sticking out of his jacket pocket.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    Horace curses the gods. Then he gently removes the piece of paper and examines it.

[/b][/i][/color]

You unfold the paper. A lot of it is burned but you can tell it’s an agenda or plan of sorts. The last bit reads:

Land in Mecca. Near red flag.

You scan the beach. Debris. Bodies. Body parts. And wouldn’t you know it. A large red flag. On fire. But a red flag nonetheless.

• HoraceHorace BabyGroot

What a fun omen. Onward?

[/b][/i][/color]

You walk into the woods and follow the road and signs towards La Quinta. You’ve traveled quite a bit when you see that the woods open up to your left. The trees seem to have been almost laid down. Splintered. And broken. Something big came through here. Very big. And just on the side of the road, under a fallen tree is a body.
  • jwilljwill RabbleRouser
    Ohhh I love dead bodies. Search time!!!
    Roll for investigation
  • MittensMittens RabbleRouser,
    Paco searches too!
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

Maybe it's still alive?!?

Horace runs heroically to the fallen tree and heroically tries to lift it like a hero.

[/b][/i][/color]

• SockSock RabbleRouser
    Florp checks his inflatable trex suit to make sure it's intact
    Paco reaches down to see if he can see anything on the man. Surprisingly the man has nothing.

Well, except for this rusty piece of machinery around his neck. Upon touching it, it glows bright white and comes undone. It quickly wraps itself around Paco’s hand and goes in circles up his arm to his neck and which point it closes around his neck and stops glowing.

Horace, seeing none of this and caring only for the well being of the man charges forward with a yell. Like a single mom lifting a mini van off a child, he single handedly slings the giant log off the man and into the woods.

He stands there. Breathing heavy. Shocked by his own strength.

Florp sees the remains of the man that was under the tree and throws up.

Nelly suggests carrying on up the road. Whatever did this is too big to deal with judging by the path cut through the woods.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

Whoa. Adrenaline rush. Give me a moment.

[/b][/i][/color]

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Drop image/file