SCRAWLYMPICS PHASE ONE RESULTS → http://darkusblack.com/ffa/discussion/809/

Chapter 2: Carnivore Cruise

Comments

• HoraceHorace BabyGroot

See, the thing was, we accidentally killed the wrong guy.

[color=cornflowerblue][b][i]

[/b][/i][/color]

• HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    Juvehorace turns to the old man.

Any idea what that was all about?

[/b][/i][/color]

• JohnnyDollarJohnnyDollar RabbleRouser
    The old man’s relief turns into annoyance.

“I haven’t seen anyone in months, and I like it that way. Now you show up and now these other fellers and ya start shooting and trying to slit each other’s throats!”

“Now what do you want so you can leave me be to bury my dog.”

• HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    edited January 17
    The old man’s relief turns into annoyance.

“I haven’t seen anyone in months, and I like it that way. Now you show up and now these other fellers and ya start shooting and trying to slit each other’s throats!”

“Now what do you want so you can leave me be to bury my dog.”

Settle down, grandpa. Sheesh.

What is it with this place? We're just here trying to help, on an official mission to kill the beast, but everyone we run into has crabs up their crack. Those guys attacked us but we deescalated the situation. We avoided a fight! How about a little gratitude? What specifically do you think we should've done differently? Would you rather we finished what they started?

Is this place worth saving? Do you want our help or not? Seems like you should be eager for us to avenge Cher, but apparently you're not on our side.

[/b][/i][/color]

“Well ain’t that a funny way of looking at it all.”

The old man takes out a pipe and begins to clean it out.

“I found this place running from the Arrived. They don’t seem to come here. Maybe the beast keeps em away for the most part. Whatever it is I’ve been able to survive here. And I don’t like more people drawing trouble and the Arrived here.”

He packs the pipe with tobacco and lights it up. Putting on it feverishly to get it started.

“As far as avenging my dog or saving this place...look this is wild territory. The beast is a wild animal. This is the cost of living here. Don’t believe the beast is an evil thing. Just a wild thing.”

He pulls the pipe from his mouth and looks at it.

“And I don’t know what you think you’d save this place from. Hell without the Arrived, it might be the safest place on earth.”
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    edited January 19
    “Well ain’t that a funny way of looking at it all.”

The old man takes out a pipe and begins to clean it out.

“I found this place running from the Arrived. They don’t seem to come here. Maybe the beast keeps em away for the most part. Whatever it is I’ve been able to survive here. And I don’t like more people drawing trouble and the Arrived here.”

He packs the pipe with tobacco and lights it up. Putting on it feverishly to get it started.

“As far as avenging my dog or saving this place...look this is wild territory. The beast is a wild animal. This is the cost of living here. Don’t believe the beast is an evil thing. Just a wild thing.”

He pulls the pipe from his mouth and looks at it.

“And I don’t know what you think you’d save this place from. Hell without the Arrived, it might be the safest place on earth.”

I hate to tell you this, but we're here to investigate an "Arrived Monster" that killed a bunch of our men. It's apparently some sort of new creature that the Arrived have been developing. Now, we've just been assuming that "the beast" and "the monster" are one and the same. If they're not, then we'll keep looking. But if they are, then you're dead wrong that the beast is keeping the Arrived away. They're already here, watching all of us. You're living in the middle of test range!

At a minimum, you're wrong that it's "people" who are drawing trouble. More and more will be coming here for the same reasons we came. We're not even the first ones here to investigate. Do you think it's such a coincidence that the Monstars are also here?

[/b][/i][/color]

The old man looks around non-chalantly.

“Boy, I’ve been living here. I know what I see.”

He bends down and delicately picks Cher’s body up and places it in the burlap sack.

He turns to you and says”Id appreciate it if you didn’t mention this place.”

He picks up the sack and walks into the woods to bury his best friend.
    As you stand there you hear a large roar coming from up the road.

Nelly looks at you nervously
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    The old man looks around non-chalantly.

“Boy, I’ve been living here. I know what I see.”

He bends down and delicately picks Cher’s body up and places it in the burlap sack.

He turns to you and says”Id appreciate it if you didn’t mention this place.”

He picks up the sack and walks into the woods to bury his best friend.

The people who sent us here also know what they saw. So I wish you'd just help us fill in the picture, since nobody has complete information -- including you. Because otherwise, we're just left to our own devices and you don't seem to like that either. We have a mission to complete and that's precisely what we're going to do, even if it means turning over every stone or following every silly thread. For example, we don't even know for sure that you aren't the beast.

So yeah, you'll have to be in our report, but our report will be private. We also want people to stay away, you know.

[/b][/i][/color]

• HoraceHorace BabyGroot
    As you stand there you hear a large roar coming from up the road.

Nelly looks at you nervously

Well, this is what we came for, I guess. If we don't go forward, we might as well not have ever left at all.

Let's do it for Petunia!

[/b][/i][/color]

• Why are we waiting. Let’s get going!
    prancier than thou.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

ONWARD!

[/b][/i][/color]

• Let's make them rue the day they ever set eyes on us!
    prancier than thou.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

ONWARD!

[/b][/i][/color]

As you walk up the road you can hear the roars getting louder. As the road opens up ahead you walk closer to the side as to not be in the center of the road.

Then you smell it. Strong. You almost taste it. You don’t recognize it but the closest thing you can compare it to is copper.

You are immediately taken aback and crouch down. You must be close now.

You make your way behind some bushes on the edge of the opening. It’s a beautiful courtyard with bungalows. Or it used to be. Time has caught up with it. The water feature in the center no longer flows. The statues of angels are crumbling. The fences that used to create private yards are all but rotted away. The private pools beyond them are dry and dirty.

The bungalows themselves have held up pretty well. They’re old. And dirty. But intact.

Well, except one. There’s a giant hole in one. And that’s when you see it. Coming out of that hole is a beast about 6 foot tall on all fours. Probably 1200 pounds. It’s skin looks like that of a snail. Slimy yet firm. And red It moves slowly but powerfully at the moment. You sense it could move quickly if need be. It has a very long purple tongue that hangs from its mout and is forked. It flicks it back and forth like a snake. Maybe it can smell you. It doesn’t seem to see you or notice your presence at the moment though.
  • MittensMittens RabbleRouser,
    Paco is nervous as fuck. He doesn't feel prepared to fight something of this nature.

*whispering to the others* "What the hell are we gonna do guys?"
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

.....RETREAT!?

[/b][/i][/color]

Sensing the nervousness of his teammates, Horace focuses on the creature. Staring at it. A hatred growing inside of him. This fukkken thing. And then time slows for just a second. And boom. An almost invisible tunnel rockets from Horace’s forehead to the head of the beast. Horace is locked in.

The beast is shook. It looks around nervously. It stumbles a bit. It’s looking to find the source but can’t see it. It lets out a roar.

“Prancy, let’s fuck this thing up!”

Prancy hearing these words feels a sense of pride and self confidence from Horace. He is ready.
    Horace
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

I could hate up to three beasts of my choice that I can see within range, but I only chose you, you fukkken thing!

[/b][/i][/color]

Florp seeing his opportunity, steps forward and concentrates on the creature as well. His face does not betray a feeling of hatred. But that of intensity. A furrowed brow. Piercing eyes.

In that moment the beast erupts into light. A bright orange light seems to eminate from around its body. The beast seeing this becomes afraid and tries to paw at the light to get it off.

“Gosling, I think we are going to pull this off!”

Gosling feels like things might just break their way.
    Cactus
    Prancy feeling confidence in seeing everyone else succeed decides to goad the confused animal. As it chases light emanating from its own body spinning around, Prancy yells out:

“Listen here you snarling beast,
    We have come to stop you in your feast,
    Your breath is rotten to the core,
    You are nothing but an odourus bore!”

Hmmm. What a weird way to insult something. A song? Why had he chosen to do it that way? It just came out that way. Natural.

And the beast heard it. He spins violently in the direction of the voice. But as it does so, it knocks into a statue, toppling it over and surprising the beast. It shakes it off quickly though. And is now facing your general direction.
    Horace
    Gosling, sensing the danger of the beast seeing them, steps forward and opens his mouth, letting out a vast spray of poison at the beast.

Nelly steps back petrified. This is something he’s only seen an Arrived do.

The Beast feels the pant of the poison in its eyes and mouth. It lets out a ferocious roar that nearly knocks you down. You have made it angry.
    Horace
    Paco knows the danger they are in. Putting his hands out before him he feels a heat rise up through his arms. And as it reaches his hands, as if he knows what is coming, he opens his hands wide. A large wave of flame roars forth. The beast seeing it coming lowers its head to protect itself. The flames roar around it burning and scarring its skin.

As the flames recede, it raises its head. It sees you. All of you. It squares up to you and shakes its head as if to shake off the embers and acid still on its skin.

And you all feel it. The same thought at once.

Here it comes.
    Horace
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

No turning back now!

FOR PETUNIA!!!

[/b][/i][/color]

Just before the beast charges, Horace, still connected to the beast psychicly, whispers something inaudibly.

As he does a bright violet light pulses through the transparent tube linking the two.

Once it hits the beast it’s knees buckle and it lets out a scream of pain. It quickly gets back to its feet in a panic and runs away about 10 feet, (it is 25 ft away now) before shaking its head and stomping its feet.

It turns back around and faces you.
    Gosling once again spits acid onto the beast and in its eyes. The beast roars with anger.
  • HoraceHorace BabyGroot

Go for its eyes!!

[/b][/i][/color]

Florp seeing his chance, charges the beast. Drawing his rapier as he does so, he slashes at the beast cutting at its side, drawing blood. The beast howls loudly and whips around to face Florp, but you can tell the speed of his movement is greatly reduced. It is looking worse for wear.
    Prancy follows quickly behind, drawing his rapier as well. As he approaches the beast, he swing and the beast catches the rapier with its mouth and jerks Prancy violently to the side.

The beast then crouches slightly. The skin on its belly begins to vibrate. And then you hear it. And feel it. A guttteral, low rumbling coming from the beast.

Make a charisma check.
    As the vibrations belt out into the air, you feel it in your chest. And in your head. It begins to take over. It’s all you can hear. Or think about. Florp, Gosling and Paco seem especially affected. They fall to their knees.

Florp you are confused for one round. Gosling and Paco are confused for two rounds.

The beast then hurls it’s tongue out of its mouth at Horace. It gets nowhere close. You see panic in its eyes.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Drop image/file