One Night Ultimate Werewolf: Rules and Roles

MalionMalion RabbleRouser,
edited May 2018 in ONU
o7B8oJR.png

Welcome to One Night Ultimate Werewolf. This is a single phase werewolf game where you work with or against your friends to find and kill a werewolf. Or maybe kill a town guy if you are a werewolf.

Unlike normal Mafia games. This game will have a single night phase followed by a single day phase. The night phase is mostly just to set up the game and the day phase you all talk it out and lynch a player of your choice.

If the lynched player is a Werewolf. The town wins.
If the lynched player is town. The werewolves win.

There are some exceptions but it depends on who and which roles are in the game and I will cover that in the roles section.

Roles

Every game will have some but not all of these roles and will be specified in the game itself. The number of roles in the game will be the number of players +3 unused roles. All roles will then be randomized and given out with the last 3 left unused and unseen (unless a role can look at those unused roles)

N2K6kWd.png
This is a Villager. It's the vanilla role with no ability. There can be more than one of these in a game. The exact number of them will be specified pre-game.

QdsD2nf.png
The bodyguard will protect whoever they think is innocent. If the bodyguard votes to lynch someone and the day ends that person will be spared from death. Instead the person with the second most number of votes will be killed.

mjtipgv.png
Seer can look at the role card of another player. OR they can choose 2 of the 3 unused cards and look at them. Most games have one seer though you could have 2 in a larger game.

pIyuvkV.png
The drunk can not remember what role he has. He will exchange his role for one of the 3 unused roles of his choosing but he will not see what the new role is.

y84RVQ0.png
The robber will choose a fellow player and switch roles with them. The Robber will then look at the new card they have received and play for whatever team that is. The person who is swapped with becomes the new robber and is thus on the side of the town.

PcwQvFA.png
The witch will look at one of the 3 center cards. The witch will then swap that role with any of the players in the game. Placing their role card in the center in it's stead. Any player can be swapped in this way including the witch herself.

JjqL4NY.png
The Troublemaker will choose 2 other players in the game and swap their roles but will not know what those roles were or what they currently are. The people who have had their roles swapped will not be notified of this.

FiSfnoe.png
The insomniac will have trouble sleeping and at the end of the night will wake up early and check their role. If their role was changed at any point during the night they will be actively aware of their new role. Only use this role in games with a Troublemaker or a Robber

1NAO8A7.png
The Hunter is a tough guy with a gun. If he is lynched whoever his lynch vote is on he will kill as well. If it is a werewolf the town wins!

SFEKqc6.png
The Revealer will flip over another player's role card. The card he flips over will remain flipped and when the game begins everyone will know the role of said player. Unless the card is a Werewolf (or in the werewolf family) or a Tanner. In which case the card is flipped back over... but the Revealer will have seen the card. It just won't stay revealed.
If the revealer sees the Doppelgänger they will leave it face up even if Doppelgänger has become a werewolf/tanner as the revealer will not know what the Doppelgänger has become.

ZUjQEgj.png
The doppelgänger can copy any other role in the game. This role acts first and chooses another player. The doppelgänger is now that role too. The doppelgänger immediately uses their new role at the start of the night, save for a few exceptions like roles that activate with other roles such as the werewolves/minions or roles that activate at the end of the night like insomniac/revealer.
The doppelgänger copies both the role and the alignment of whoever they copy.

S44Clpm.png
The Tanner hates his job and wants to die. If he dies he and only he wins.

f1KekuY.png
The werewolves will know who all the other werewolves in the game are. Typically only 2 werewolves per game but if the number of players gets high it'll probably be 3. The werewolves won't be able to speak to each other outside of the game like a typical mafia though.

kM5GgKK.png
The mystic wolf is the same as a regular werewolf save for the fact that this wolf will be able to look at the role of one other player. This information will only be shown to the Mystic wolf and not all of the werewolves in play.

(This part is true for both kinds of Werewolves) If there is only 1 werewolf in play (which is possible if the 2nd werewolf ends up in the unused pile. Then the single werewolf can choose one of the 3 unused cards and look at it.

ttNqsGR.png
The minion is working for the werewolves and know who they are. Though they do not know who he is. If the minion dies and no werewolves die then the werewolves and the minion win the game.

Roles and alignments will change in the night due to the troublemaker and the drunk so all that matters is what role you end up with when you die. If you are switched to a werewolf and die then you lose on the werewolf team and so forth.

Here is the order of the night actions. Invariably

Doppelgänger copies another player
Doppelgänger uses the role of said player instantly with a few exceptions*
Werewolves receive list of all werewolf names (Doppelgänger will be made known to the werewolves as well if they become a werewolf as well*)
Sole werewolf checks a center card if there is only one (Does not activate if Doppelgänger becomes a werewolf too*)
Mystic Werewolf checks one other player's card
Minion gets a list of all werewolves in game (Doppelgänger will get this info at this point if they scan minion as well*)
Seer checks another player card or 2 center cards
Robber swaps their card with another player
Witch swaps one of the center cards with any player
Troublemaker swaps 2 other players' cards
Drunk swaps his card with a center card
Insomniac checks on their card. (Doppelgänger insomniac checks too*)
Revealer flips over another player's card (which stays flipped unless it's Werewolf/Mystic W./Minion/Tanner) (Doppelgänger Revealer too*)

And then day begins

There are some other roles but I figured I'd keep it to the main ones I play IRL. But if people like this enough I will add in more roles.

Comments

• MalionMalion RabbleRouser,
    edited April 2018
    If any rules are unclear feel free to ask them here!

Also centering the text doesn't center the images. Which is lame!
  • It all looks centred on my phone so it is all good
    It all looks centred on my phone so it is all good

Turn your phone sideways
  • What kind of maniac does that?
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    Ooh this sounds fun
    dEoVuVB_d.jpg?maxwidth=280&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Ah, you’ve been listening to cactus.
    Added a new role! Should make future games all the more hectic.
  • thenavneetthenavneet RabbleRouser
    Does the new Robber (after exchange) know he is Robber
    they don't know the switch was made.
    Added some new roles hope you guys like them (also if you have any questions ask here)
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    Ooooh very cool, I love the pics lol

• ahodaahoda Offishal
    troublemaker wants to fuck
  • CactusCactus RabbleRouser
    or maybe she has an eye infection

FREE DARRIN!!
    a new role added!
    This one is a bit more complicated so i've held it back for while but I think we are ready to use it next game.
    It would have been in game 8 but I was busy all weekend and didn't get around to drawing the card.
  • CactusCactus RabbleRouser
    so if you're the bodyguard, can you vote for yourself?

FREE DARRIN!!
    Cactus wrote: »
    so if you're the bodyguard, can you vote for yourself?

No
    Actually yeah sure I don't see why not
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    Mal add this to OP please

psyexgf.png
    The Psycho Ex GF is randomly assigned the name of a player and entirely focused on getting that person lynched. If anyone other than their assigned target is lynched, they lose

• ahodaahoda Offishal
    That should be named name after you DS.