ONUW #8

Comments

• VladykinsVladykins RabbleRouser,
    What I am saying is that if he was the role you've now telegraphed, you aren't helping any- he's mod-confirmed town right now and isn't going to get lynched.
    OTOH, you've outted your own current role by doing so.
  • CactusCactus RabbleRouser
    oh fuck off

so tier knows that i've been waiting for him to commit to this robber claim he's been implying and he knows that i'm going to trounce it the moment he does, but now he just figured out that i breadcrumbed bodyguard so now everything has gone to shit. i knew i should've pulled the trigger sooner, i just didn't know how to set it up to trap him.

everybody lynch tier pls. i can't because i robbed the bodyguard role from darren.

FREE DARRIN!!
    Vladykins wrote: »
    Cactus, claim please.

i was trying to breadcrumb it in a way that only darren would notice.

Cactus wrote: »
    and i will always love you

Vladykins

FREE DARRIN!!
    ^aka famously from the bodyguard soundtrack

FREE DARRIN!!
    What I am saying is that if he was the role you've now telegraphed, you aren't helping any- he's mod-confirmed town right now and isn't going to get lynched.
    OTOH, you've outted your own current role by doing so.

exactly. which is another reason why i wasn't just trotting out a claim before. he's only rushing to do this because he's trying to get in front of me to outflank the robber counterclaim.

for a game designed to be quick, this one feels like a standard mafia game where i'm waiting for key people to show up so certain conversations can happen in order.

FREE DARRIN!!
    I believe Cactus, which means Tier is Wolfie.

#lynch @Tier
    Don't forget to lynch him as well, @Catullus
  • ahodaahoda Offishal
    I don't get why Tier is going after DS when his role is robber?
    Tioer was playing that he was bodyguard and so wanted to "save" him. Cat just CCed him big time.
    That's why I said it wasn't a good strategy.

• ahodaahoda Offishal
    ah, got it.

##lynch @Tier
    Oh wait- nvm. I know why Cat wasn't voting. lol
    It looks like Tier is the Mystic Wolf.
    The only other possibility is that Cat is the Mystic Wolf and Tier is just totally misunderstanding how to handle the BG role.

The nice thing is that we are set either way if Cat and Tier self vote. If Tier is the BG, his self vote will cause the lynch to go to the next vote getter- which would be Cat in this instance. If Cat is the BG, same thing happens. Town can't lose now with the CC in here involving BG. Whichever of the two *won't* vote themselves is the wolf.
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    ^aka famously from the bodyguard soundtrack

Yeah that went over my head
    dEoVuVB_d.jpg?maxwidth=280&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Ah, you’ve been listening to cactus.
    i'm happy to vote for myself, though i'm not seeing what that proves because tier could just do the same

#lynch @Cactus

FREE DARRIN!!
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    I can confirm I was bodyguard

mystic wolf would be a good explanation but i think tier just figured it out from my breadcrumb. he already knew i was throwing shade on his robber softclaim

FREE DARRIN!!
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    I like the self vote strategy so we just need to split the votes evenly between cat and tier

#lynch @cat

and not to completely tier out (ha) about this, but there's always the possibility that he's the tanner.

we haven't sorted out all the swapping roles so it might be a little early just to lynch a liar. maybe vlady has some info at some point

FREE DARRIN!!
    i'm happy to vote for myself, though i'm not seeing what that proves because tier could just do the same

#lynch @Cactus

The point is, the now bodyguard self votes, which protects himself. The lynch then goes to the next vote getter, which would be the mystic wolf. i.e., if the vote is split between the two of you, self-voting guarantees the BG survives and the mystic wolf gets lynched instead. Town can't lose.

I still believe you; this just guarantees it.
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    Yeah but cat is saying that tier may be tanner and just lucked out on the claim

No, I think Cat is saying I think it will prove the person. I'm pointing out that the fake bodyguard will end up not voting themselves because they'll lose if they do it just to prove a point. It's a Kobayashi Maru for the Mystic Wolf.
    Villager (x2) Ahoda claims one
    Bodyguard - Cat or Tier
    Seer - Vlady
    Robber – DS now
    Witch
    Troublemaker
    Revealer - Darkus
    Insomniac - Bnuts
    Werewolf
    Mystic Wolf
    Tanner
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    and not to completely tier out (ha) about this, but there's always the possibility that he's the tanner.

we haven't sorted out all the swapping roles so it might be a little early just to lynch a liar. maybe vlady has some info at some point

I mean vlady he literally said that

DS wrote: »
    Yeah but cat is saying that tier may be tanner and just lucked out on the claim

But that wasn't the post I was answering at the time. I quoted it and everything. :pleased:
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    And i said "yeah BUT cat is saying tier may be tanner and just lucked out on the claim" so unless you have some information that says there is no tanner that is definitely a possibility at this point
    primate

• ButternutsButternuts RabbleRouser,
    3 hours left, we need more town claims
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    @primate what are you?