Dynasty/Discord Trade/Draft Thread

@kiolb and @footballmadness post here to approve some trades and possibly to take part in the slow draft.

There are two trades now. I’ll list them in the next posts. Quote with your vote.
Look what you fuckers made me do

Comments

• toddterps62toddterps62 RabbleRouser,
    Trade 1

Mittens gets:
    DeAndre Hopkins
    10th and 11th this year (for draft balancing purposes)
    Last Round pick next season (balancing)

Terps gets:
    1st, 2nd, 3rd this season
    2nd round pick next season.

MittensDS
  • toddterps62toddterps62 RabbleRouser,
    Trade 2

Butternuts gets:
    Carson Wentz
    7th and 8th pick this season

Terps gets:
    1st, 4th, 5th picks this season
    MittensDS
  • CactusCactus RabbleRouser
    I feel like I need to make some things very clear to the entire league:

1) The slowdraft and these trades are not official in any way (yet). As such, they are purely optional. I did not create them. Darren has been pushing all this because he is deeply dissatisfied with almost everything about the league.

2) I am willing to accommodate the results of a completed slowdraft if everyone agrees to it. I am also willing to push through any trades that have 8 yea votes (since that would preclude ever getting the 5 'nay' votes to veto it).

3) Since this is a player-driven effort, it will be administered by the players. It's a bit of work to adjust the rosters and reset the draft, but I'll do it -- but only if I'm presented with the complete info I need. I really don't have time for things today, especially to babysit a process I didn't create. And writing this message and dealing with all the drama on Discord has driven my availability to just about zero.

4) I especially don't have time for any whining. This league is supposed to be fun and whining is the opposite of fun. My tolerance for whining is sharply decreasing and at the end of that road are some arbitrary decisions about who isn't a good fit for the league. If you hate it so much, start your own. Part of the reason I don't have a team right now is to reserve the option to simply replace whomever is the worst fit.

5) If you don't like that attitude, then perhaps you players can police each other quite a bit better. Shout down the problem people. Don't worry, they will quickly identify themselves so you know who they are. Just watch.

Cactus out.
    Mittens

FREE DARRIN!!
  • TierTier Offishal,
    im not sure why we need to do trades to get the slow draft, but im ok with it if you guys think it works.
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    edited September 2018
    Please don't put my name in anything with any sort of declaration of what I think because you obviously do not have a grasp on what it is that I want.

I like the league, just couldn't make the draft that you set last minute and as such the leagues players proposed a slow draft.
    dEoVuVB_d.jpg?maxwidth=280&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Ah, you’ve been listening to cactus.
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    edited September 2018
    This is the league reacting to you Commish.

It's very clear what you think, Darren. You've been spamming it rather a lot. And it's very clear you don't like the league. You've been whining about it constantly. It's also very clear that you disagree with almost every decision I've made. Shall we count how many times you've called me the worst commish?

The slowdraft was your idea. You even argued with Mittens to make sure the channel knew it was your idea. I said it was your idea because it was your idea. That is why your name is on your idea. Because it was YOUR IDEA.

It's bad enough that you've been whining this whole time. But lying that you haven't? Wow. Anyone can go read the channel on Discord, ya know.

FREE DARRIN!!
    YYeT5C5.png
    UYF8sjQ.png

the egg made "the leagues players" propose a slowdraft, etc, etc.

FREE DARRIN!!
    DS wrote: »
    This is the league reacting to you Commish.

stop speaking for the league. you are just one player. there are eleven others, some of whom were never even aware of the discord discussion, let alone your idea of a slowdraft.

you keep trolling that i'm opposed to the slowdraft when you know i'm not. my only requirement is that EVERYONE agree because otherwise it would be unfair to change the rules at the last moment. that's not me standing in your way, that's me upholding the fairness of the league. frankly, it's a bit disturbing that you see me as the bad guy here.

FREE DARRIN!!
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    A majority of players have checked in and are okay with this slowdraft thing - aka the league is reacting to you commish.

• DSDS RabbleRouser
    Cactus wrote: »
    It's very clear what you think, Darren. You've been spamming it rather a lot. And it's very clear you don't like the league. You've been whining about it constantly. It's also very clear that you disagree with almost every decision I've made. Shall we count how many times you've called me the worst commish?

The slowdraft was your idea. You even argued with Mittens to make sure the channel knew it was your idea. I said it was your idea because it was your idea. That is why your name is on your idea. Because it was YOUR IDEA.

It's bad enough that you've been whining this whole time. But lying that you haven't? Wow. Anyone can go read the channel on Discord, ya know.

I clearly like the league I just dont like you as commish, thats not whining thats just me stating my truth.

and when I said dont put my name on stuff I was referring to when you said this: "Darren has been pushing all this because he is deeply dissatisfied with almost everything about the league." because again that is not at all how I feel so please don't attribute ideas or feelings to me because you do not speak for me.

• DSDS RabbleRouser
    You can't mention my name in a numbered list and expect me to be okay with you saying things about me which I do not agree with. I will refute you on it.

If anyone is whining its you. Its not our fault you ragequit last year and your team went on to win the championship. That sucks dude but get over it and move on or let someone like Mittens take shit over for you if its causing you such anxiety

• DSDS RabbleRouser
    btw in your own words:
    3) Since this is a player-driven effort, it will be administered by the players.

so

the leagues players have proposed a slow draft.

I clearly like the league I just dont like you as commish, thats not whining thats just me stating my truth.

I know you don't. That's why I said you are deeply dissatisfied with almost everything about the league. This is the third year you've done nothing but complain. I suggest you find another league or make one yourself.

and when I said dont put my name on stuff I was referring to when you said this: "Darren has been pushing all this because he is deeply dissatisfied with almost everything about the league." because again that is not at all how I feel so please don't attribute ideas or feelings to me because you do not speak for me.

That is how you feel. That's what you've been spamming this whole time. Or were you lying?

FREE DARRIN!!
    btw in your own words:
    3) Since this is a player-driven effort, it will be administered by the players.

so

the leagues players have proposed a slow draft.

No, they haven't. You proposed it and Mittens agreed. I said I would support it, so a few other people signed on. The reason why it hasn't succeeded is because not everyone has participated. Hell, not everyone even knows about it. You are not the entire league. You are not even a majority of it.

You clearly want to be a commish. I suggest you create your own league.

FREE DARRIN!!
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    And you still don't know or have any idea about how I feel about anything and as such are once again wrong about everything!

classic cat

And you still don't know or have any idea about how I feel about anything and as such are once again wrong about everything!

classic cat

It's pretty simple logic, Darren. You were either lying then or lying now.

FREE DARRIN!!
    A majority of players have checked in and are okay with this slowdraft thing - aka the league is reacting to you commish.

Incorrect. Radical last-minute changes require consensus.

Also (and this shouldn't be eluding you so easily), you can't get everyone to slowdraft unless everyone slowdrafts. To do your idea, you already need everyone to slowdraft, so it's hardly onerous that I agree that everyone should be onboard first.

FREE DARRIN!!
    You can't mention my name in a numbered list and expect me to be okay with you saying things about me which I do not agree with. I will refute you on it.
    What's your issue with it being a numbered list? Weird.

You're never okay with anything I say, so how is this any different? But once again, the fact remains that the slowdraft was your idea alone and you even pouted when you weren't getting sole credit. The fact that I mention that fact here is just another fact. You can whine about facts all you want, but that has nothing to do with me. The only thing happening here is that you just don't like getting called out.
    If anyone is whining its you. Its not our fault you ragequit last year and your team went on to win the championship. That sucks dude but get over it and move on or let someone like Mittens take shit over for you if its causing you such anxiety
    That's a cute troll, but of course that's not what happened.

An easy way to prove that there was no ragequit is to point to the fact that I never left the league. I drafted for one team and co-managed another -- which should also prove how little I care about the success or failure of what was once "my" team. I only care about the league as a whole, which is also why I'm happy not to have any team at all.

What you need to do is calm down a lot and pick a lane. First you clamor for individual credit for the slowdraft idea, then when I insist on fairness, you switch stories and try to pretend that the entire league wanted it. And lost in all this is the fact that I never said the slowdraft couldn't happen -- in fact, I said I want it to happen. Apparently my big crime is pointing to the fact that you're going to need everyone to draft if you want everyone to draft.

FREE DARRIN!!
  • There is a lot of drama in this thread
    it's what happens when you have to stomp out a clumsy coup

FREE DARRIN!!
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    There's no drama

There's no drama

FjR8C8Z.png

1) You said you weren't playing. You were very clear and very adamant about that.

2) Even though you said you weren't playing, you registered an account with a Catullus username and some insult of a team name.

3) Since you said you weren't playing, I had no idea that team was yours.

4) Given the username, team name, and the fact that it hadn't been logged into again, I assumed it was a troll/spam account.

5) There were an odd number of teams, so I needed to cut one.

6) There were an even number of people in the signup thread, so I cut the troll/spam account not associated with anyone who had actually signed up.

7) You didn't discover any of this until after the draft because you never logged into the league after making your troll/spam account.

8) I promised I would try to get you into the league (and I did), despite you whining the entire season and spamming conspiracy threads in multiple forums.

9) I offered to make you a co-manager, but you refused. So obviously, the earliest I could get you into the league was the following season (which is what happened).

10) You never took any responsibility for the fact that you never properly signed up for the league.

11) You never took any responsibility for creating confusion by registering an account despite saying you weren't going to play.

12) You never took any responsibility for creating the perception that your account was a troll/spam account. I see no valid reason for you to have created an account in my name.

You continue failing to recognize that I am under no obligation to have you in this league. You have always been a problem, you insist on being a problem, and you continue to push me even though I told you that I will have zero tolerance for your whining.

Your team has been fined $200. You have one appeal. I reserve the option to increase your fine, penalize you draft picks, or whatever the fuck else I want to do.

P.S. Helpful hint for your appeal: try not whining and see what happens.

FREE DARRIN!!
  • Cat4commish4eva
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    edited September 2018
    Did you just pull up a discord chat from a week ago and steal money from me?

lmfao

Did you just pull up a discord chat from a week ago and steal money from me?

lmfao

Of course not, you silly angry little goose. I noticed it when it happened and knew right then that there would need to be a response. I told you there would be zero tolerance and I wouldn't want to be a liar, right? You shouldn't be so surprised (unless maybe you convinced yourself that you had actually gotten away with it or something).

If you want, consider the delay to be evidence of an unbelievably fair form of due process. Though really, it's just because I was gone for a week and had better things to do. But here I am, as promised! Don't worry, I noticed all the other stuff as well. It's why the punishment swung from $100 to expulsion and back down to $200.

And of course it's not theft, unless you're just being super metaphor man or seriously actually really don't understand how fines work (in which case, wow). It's not like I get to keep it or spend it on anything, you know. Though if this is the only sticking point for you, I'm happy to redistribute your fine to the rest of your teammates, would that work? It sure doesn't matter to me. You could even summit a reasonable appeal and maybe the fine would go whoosh. Who knows! Worth a shot?

P.S. Please feel free to troll me all you want. It's fun. The only rule is that if you whine about the league, I will punish you. So either whine about something else or make your own league. Heck, you can even exclude me from it and I'll pretend I care. No charge! Just for you. We like to have fun.

FREE DARRIN!!
    oh man, i totally forgot to shine a spotlight on the fact that you had (have) zero response to any of the dozen (dozen!) points i made.

you tried to troll the league because it was me, then after the fact you saw it was going to be fun, so you tried to whine your way in and now look. no one "cucked" you brobro. just admit you were being a little shit and move on. stop trying so hard to be the victim all the time. you're the cause of most your problems, dickbutt.

FREE DARRIN!!
  • DSDS RabbleRouser
    K.

FREE DARRIN!!