Strahd of Various

Welcome adventurers!

I am your humble Dungeon Master, Sock. We are playing the Curse of Strahd adventure. A few notes before we begin.

-Standard Dungeons and dragons 5e rules will be used. What the dungeon master says, goes.

-This thread will be an ongoing mix of actions, role-playing, and story updates.

-Character conversations will be held on the discord server.

- Dice rolling will be handled in the discord server

- if you have any questions, pm me on discord.

Tl;dr - have fun, don't die

-
Rhett Connor

Comments

• SockSock RabbleRouser
    The Misty woods are quiet tonight...A little too quiet. The stillness broken only by the footfalls of your party.

The mission was clear, find and kill the wolves harassing the settlements surrounding Daggerford. The tracks up to this point have been easy enough to follow, however a thick mist has begun to cover the forest floor. The further you travel, the midst becomes thicker as if it is trying to engulf you.

You hear a howl in the distance, followed by another. Pushing deeper into the forest, you lose sight of the tracks you were following.

Now fully lost, you walk further and come across a path in the woods.

• Wil squats down and reaches his hand into the fog. He plays with it in his hand, moving it between his fingers.

He is wearing a hood that falls forward, covering his eyes. He pushes it back and off his head, revealing long silver hair and a young face. Godamn he is beautiful. Chiseled jaw. Perfect skin.

He stands and stares off into the distance.
  • toddterps62toddterps62 RabbleRouser,
    The trail of our campaign attracted great scorn
    But we ventured onward through the Tundra of Tor
    Soon I had attracted a posse of trolls
    Who'd grown fat and sloppy from the roasting of souls...
    PrihaniCentaur
    Look what you fuckers made me do
  • VladykinsVladykins RabbleRouser,
    Where wolves? Werewolves!
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Wil looks around and sees that there is a noticeable clearing if mist that appears to coincide with the path.

You all hear another set of howls emanating from the mist all around you.
  • From my experience wolves don't use paths.
  • “We should follow this path. Perhaps the fog clears ahead. I would not want to fight these wolves in this fog.”

Wil saunters forward, pulling his hood over his head.
  • "I'm not much for forests, I'll come with you Wil."

Prihani follows Wil closely and keeps his eyes on the edge of the fog.
  • toddterps62toddterps62 RabbleRouser,
    edited November 14
    Look what you fuckers made me do
  • After the carnage steam rises through snow
    You have been consigned to the Abyss of Woe
    My eldritch war-suit is pasted with brains
    This empty feeling - all that remains
    WilTheHuman
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Wil and Prihani start moving up the path
  • Speaking to the rest of the group, in a hushed tone Prihani says, "Hey you, everyone, come on with us. Let's stick together"
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    The party following up the path, hearing low growling from the mists in every direction
  • Prihani draws both of his short swords and walks in a tight circle watching the edge of the fog intently.
  • Speaking to the rest of the group, in a hushed tone Prihani says, "Hey you, everyone, come on with us. Let's stick together"
    You spend hours smearing cream on your face
    What you need is to be hit with a mace
    Tied to a horse and get dragged through the streets
    Hung by the heels and pelted with belts
    But still you are smearing cream on your face
    What you need is to be reduced to paste
    Wander the countryside blind in one eye
    Sucking the dicks of dead dogs to survive

Vladykins
    I can't argue with that logic.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    You continue forward, weapons drawn.

The mist spills out of the forest to swallow up the road behind you. Ahead, jutting from the impenetrable woods on both sides of the road, are high stone buttresses looming gray in the fog. Huge iron gates hang on the stonework. Dew clings with cold tenacity to the rusted bars. Two headless statues of armed guardians flank the gate, their heads now lying among the weeds at their feet. They greet you only with silence.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    The forms and growls recede further into the fog as you approach the gates.
  • Singing lovingly to the headless statues

Still you expect pity
    And you shall receive none
    Why did death come hard for you
    You gave it to some
    You joined the War Party
    Your purpose was clear
    You did your job with skill, you raped and you killed
    Why so surprised that you finally got billed?
    <looks for the heads>
  • Wil continues to lead the group through the gates. His chest held high. Seeming near invulnerable.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Vladykins wrote: »
    <looks for the heads>

The large stone heads lie on the ground overgrown with vines.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    As you approach the gates, they creak and the hinges screech as the large doors open to reveal a dense forest with a path cutting through it.
  • “I think it’s best we follow this path. We must get out of the fog.”

Wil motions to the others and plods along.
  • Here in Metal Metal Land
    Nothing ever dies
    Except of course our enemies
    And they're attracting metal flies
    Here in Metal Metal Land
    Everything is loud!
    All the chicks are strippers
    All their fathers, proud
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    @OderusUrungus You catch the scent of death on the air.

The foul scent leads you to a human corpse half-buried in the underbrush about fifteen feet from the road. The young man appears to be a commoner. His muddy clothes are torn and raked with claw marks. Crows have been at the body, which is surrounded by the paw prints. The man has obviously been dead for several days. He holds a crumpled envelope in one hand.
  • Wil approaches the body shooing away the crows. He squats to examine the body and draws the envelope from his cold. Dead. Hands.
  • I love hate songs 'bout mass destruction
    other people's pain takes my mind off you
    I love puppies when they're road-kill
    They're too cute too live, too cute to live
    like you
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    You remove the envelope from the dead man's grasp, enclosed in the envelope is the following letter:

"Hail thee of might and valor. I, the Burgomaster of Barovia, send you honor – with despair. My adopted daughter, the fair Ireena Kolyana, has been these past nights bitten by a vampyr. For over four hundred years, this creature has drained the life blood of my people. Now, my dear Ireena languishes and dies from an unholy wound caused by this vile beast. He has become too powerful to conquer.

So I say to you, give us up for dead and encircle this land with the symbols of good. Let holy men call upon their power that the devil may be contained within the walls of weeping Barovia. Leave our sorrows to our graves, and save the world from this evil fate of ours.

There is much wealth entrapped in this community. Return for your reward after we are all departed for a better life.

Kolyan Indirovich, Burgomaster."
  • Will passes the letter to the others.

“Boys, it looks like we are headed to Barovia.”

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Drop image/file