Strahd of Various

Comments

• SockSock RabbleRouser
    She replies “There’s a monster in our house!"
  • “Boys, there is a family in there with that monster.”

Wil triumphantly walks towards the house and attempts to enter through the front door.
  • Oderus thrusts at the door with his Cuddlefish of Cthulhu
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    - Wil, not needing, nor wanting any more information walks toward the row of houses.

- Oderus thrusts in the direction that Wil started walking.

@PrihaniCentaur , @Vladykins are still standing in the street near the two children.

@Darius Blackheart @Rhett Connor @kiolb are all in the tavern
  • VladykinsVladykins RabbleRouser,
    wanders after on little gnome legs
  • Still absorbed by his book, it takes Rhett a long moment to notice that the snifter he's been idly swirling has grown nearly empty. What remains constitutes barely enough for an undignified sip and he has never tipped a glass that far in polite company. Without ever taking his eyes from his reading, Rhett silently returns the snifter to the table and glides it slightly away.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    The group- Darius, Mah, Oderus, Prihani, with Wil in the lead.

The group approach the house, the walkway is well kept and the house appears to be in good shape. A stark contrast to the surrounding buildings and homes that appear abandoned and boarded up. A wrought-iron gate with hinges on one side and a lock on the other fills the archway of a stone portico. Oderus sends his cuttlefish through the bars of the gate, and he finds it unlocked as it swings open. Oil lamps hang inside the portico shining on a set of oaken doors.
    daggers out
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Mah Buhn, the gnome wizard has seen too many oaken doors to know that these shouldn't be taken lightly. He readies is daggers in case the doors attack.
  • Prihani, not wanting to waste any time, gallops through the gate and across the walkway straight at the set of doors. He jumps into the air as he approaches the doors and comes down on them with his two front hooves with all the might he can muster while letting out a shriek of power.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    *CRAASH*, The doors give way to the mighty Centaur. Looking into a grand foyer. Hanging on the east wall of the foyer is a shield emblazoned with a coat-of-arms flanked by framed portraits of stony-faced aristocrats. Mahogany-framed double doors lead north from the foyer.

A5wGa6P.jpg
    PrihaniCentaur
    little people in the middle! little people in the middle!

also sets up for me lightning luring someone into the big guys in front
  • Wil walks to the shield and rips it off the wall.

“This should come in handy.”

He pounds on it with his fist before putting it up in front of him and heading through the double doors.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Wil, man of action. Rips the shield from the wall, the shield has a stylized golden windmill on a red field.
  • So burn the bitter butter
    Prepare the murder machines
    Bring me my scabbard, my halberd, my hauberk
    Fetch me my enchanted greaves
    My walls they are melting
    The drugs they aren't helping
    Is it time for the old gods to die?
    To arms is the only cry
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Wil walks, shield raised, and kicks open the doors.You see a wide hall runs the width of the house, with a black marble fireplace at one end and a sweeping, red marble staircase at the other. Mounted on the wall above the fireplace is a longsword with a windmill cameo worked into the hilt. The wood-paneled walls are ornately sculpted with images of vines, flowers, nymphs, and satyrs.

INw9m1F.jpg
  • Always a man of fashion and matching sets, Wil walks to the sword and pulls it off the wall. He bangs it against the shield.

“Now we are ready!”

“Didn’t the kids say the monster was downstairs?”
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Wil, with a cursory glance around sees that the stairway goes up, and there are a few doors off the main hall.
  • “We should check the doors first. Last thing we want during an escape from upstairs is more surprises.”

Wil walks to the back room door on the left. And puts his ear to the door.
  • OderusUrungusOderusUrungus BabyGroot
    edited January 18
    Have you seen me?
    Have you seen me?
    Have you seen me?
    Me.. Have you seen me?
    Have you seen me?
    Suckle my bloated love knuckle
    Just like Fatty Arbuckle I'm gay and I'm proud
    That right...
    Faggot and a corpse full of maggots I want to blow cum not bag it
    Goddamnit I'm horny!
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Wil hears nothing but Oderus' ode to his love knuckle. He sees that the door is unlocked
  • Coated in shit I give all you desire
    Mystical doorway swimming in mire
    We'll use the plunger if blockage won't budge
    It's a door through the plane of fudge
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    and...It really IS a door through the plane of fudge
  • Wil opens the door cautiously.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    As Wil peeks through the door he sees a lavish Dining room. A carved mahogany table surrounded by eight high-backed chairs with sculpted armrests and cushioned seats. The table is covered with resplendent silverware and crystalware polished to a dazzling shine. Looking up there is a crystal chandelier hanging above the table. The walls are covered in wood paneling carved with images of deer among trees. Red silk drapes cover the windows and along the eastern wall, a tapestry is hung depicting hunting dogs and horse mounted aristocrats chasing after a wolf.

oBSmWmp.jpg
  • Noting that this is a house of wealth, Wil slowly closes the door and cautiously opens the door to his right.
  • Very well, I'll use my sword
    It's very good at crushing doors
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Oderus grabs Unt Lick, and gives a mighty swing at the door Wil is approaching. It cracks and gives way revealing a cloakroom with several black cloaks hanging from hooks on the walls. A top hat sits high on a shelf.

tDHuXx7.jpg

As the group moves through main hall following Wil, Several of you note that among the ornately sculpted images of vines, flowers, nymphs, and satyrs, you see serpents and skulls intricately woven into the designs. Likewise, in the Dining hall the wall paneling reveals twisted faces carved into the tree trunks and wolves lurking amid the carved foliage.
  • Prihani searches around the base of the stairway, looking for any signs of movement recently.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Prihani doesn't find any signs of recent movement. The floors are clean and well maintained.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Drop image/file