Strahd of Various

Comments

• Prihani opens up the toy chest.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    As soon as you touch the lid on the toy chest you hear. "Hey! those are mine."

You turn around and see two ghostly figures resembling the two children you met earlier.

The girl says "it's rude to touch other people's things without asking."
  • Wil, fearing he’s left his group in danger heads back into the house and into the room.

“Children! What happened!”
  • Prihani, startled, tries to compose himself and speak to the girl in a calming tone.

"Didn't we meet you outside earlier? We are looking for the monster you told us was in the house."
  • He found her there
    Swimming in her seaweed hair
    Looking vaguely like a lover who had
    Hung herself with underwear
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    "Meet us outside, sir? No, we've been in here since our parents locked us in here to keep us safe from the monster in the basement."
  • "Nevermind. How do we get to the basement? We have gone through each floor and haven't found any way to get down there."
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    The small girl points at the dollhouse and says "There's a secret door in the attic"
  • VladykinsVladykins RabbleRouser,
    "A secret door to the basement in the attic?" I'm not going down another dumbwaiter!"
    PrihaniCentaur
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    The small boy giggles at Mah Buhn
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Mah Buhn moves to get a closer look at the dollhouse. An intricate recreation of the house in every way. Sure enough, the storage room of the attic has another door leading to a narrow spiral staircase that descends all the way to the ground floor and apparently beyond. Another glance at the 2nd floor reveals a hidden room behind some bookshelves in a library.
  • Prihani gallops off to the 2nd floor to check out the hidden room as he hollers over his shoulder, "Thanks, kid! We're going to help you out, I promise!"
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    As Prihani reaches the door the little boy cries out "No, don't leave us here like mommy and daddy did!" He reaches for Prihani's leg and grabs around it.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Prihani feels a rush of cold through his body and a feeling of dread overcome him. The little boy disappears into Prihani's centaur form.
    PrihaniCentaur
  • Sock wrote: »
    Prihani feels a rush of cold through his body and a feeling of dread overcome him. The little boy disappears into Prihani's centaur form.

Woe to the children and woe to the chalice
    My maggot-mind musing, pulsating with malice
    Defeat the host of Hell
    Or become their slaves!
    A Slave!
  • This is all so scary!
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    As Oderus turns to leave the room, the ghostly young girl says "You have to help us!" and grabs his leg. Oderus ignores her and walks to the newly revealed stairs and begins to descend.
  • Final call
    Our rage cannot be dulled by
    Alcohol
    And as for you, I care
    Bugger all
    I hope you all rot!
    Still we say
    Fuck this place
    Fuck this place
    Fuck this place
    Fuck this place
    Fuck this place
    Fuck this place
    Fuck this place
    Fuck this place
    Fuck this place
  • Wil leans down and talks to the girl.

“Can you come with us?”
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    She responds "You won't leave me here will you?" as she reaches out to embrace Wil
  • “No. I won’t. Where is your brother?”
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    As she comes in contact with Wil her form disappears into his. A cold rush and the child's ghostly form is gone.
  • Wil stands up right.

“Well okay.”

He heads to the second floor to visit the secret room.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Wil heads to the second floor to the library and to the bookshelf on the east side of the room and finds a book with no writing on the spine. He pulls on the book and the bookshelf swings open. Inside he sees more bookshelves and A heavy wooden chest with clawed iron feet stands against the east wall, its lid half-closed. Sticking out of the chest is a skeleton in leather armor.
  • Wil walks in and opens the chest.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    You open the chest to see the skeleton, with 3 darts in its chest, grasping a letter bearing an intricate seal.

The letter reads:
    My most pathetic servant,

I am not a messiah sent to you by the Dark Powers of this land. I have not come to lead you on a path to immortality. However many souls you have bled on your hidden altar, however many visitors you have tortured in your dungeon, know that you are not the ones who brought me to this beautiful land. You are but worms writhing in my earth.

You say that you are cursed, your fortunes spent. You abandoned love for madness, took solace in the bosom of another woman, and sired a stillborn son. Cursed by darkness? Of that I have no doubt. Save you from your wretchedness? I think not. I much prefer you as you are.

Your dread lord and master,

Strahd von Zarovich

Inside the chest you find:
    • 3 empty books (worth 25 gp each)
    • 3 spell scrolls
    • The deed to the house
    • The deed to a windmill
    • A signed will
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Upon inspection the deeds are for the house you are in and a windmill that you are unaware of its location. The will is signed by Gustav and Elisabeth Durst and bequeathes the house, the windmill, and all other family property to Rosavalda and Thornboldt Durst in the event of their parents’ deaths.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    The three scrolls are bless, protection from poison, and spiritual weapon
  • Wil begins to inspect the bookshelves.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    The bookshelves are packed with tomes describing fiend-summoning rituals and the necromantic rituals of a cult called the Priests of Osybus.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Drop image/file