kanye won't read this

VuijoxVuijox BabyGroot
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6266479/CNN-fire-mocking-Kanye-Wests-support-president.html

Political commentator Bakari Sellers, who is black, responded: 'Anti-intellectualism simply isn't cool. Kanye West is what happens when negros don't read,' he said referencing a Chris Rock stand-up routine from the 1990s.

Another commentator Tara Setmayer, who is also black, said: 'Now all of the sudden because he's put on a MAGA hat and he's an attention w***e like the president, he's all of a sudden the model spokesperson. He's the token negro of the Trump administration.'

oof... good thing that wasn't said on fox news.

it seems black lives matter until they wear a maga hat.

thoughts, feelings

Comments

• VenkmanVenkman BabyGroot
    edited November 2018
    Vuijox wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6266479/CNN-fire-mocking-Kanye-Wests-support-president.html

Political commentator Bakari Sellers, who is black, responded: 'Anti-intellectualism simply isn't cool. Kanye West is what happens when negros don't read,' he said referencing a Chris Rock stand-up routine from the 1990s.

this one definitely ain't cool

Another commentator Tara Setmayer, who is also black, said: 'Now all of the sudden because he's put on a MAGA hat and he's an attention w***e like the president, he's all of a sudden the model spokesperson. He's the token negro of the Trump administration.'

this one, though, how is she wrong? Kanye is clearly being used as a way to appeal to the black demographic. basically Trump's way of saying 'look, I can't be racist, I have a black friend!'

it seems black lives matter until they wear a maga hat.

calling a black person out for being a jackass isn't even close to the same thing. you're smart enough to know that.
  • VuijoxVuijox BabyGroot
    Venkman wrote: »
    this one, though, how is she wrong? Kanye is clearly being used as a way to appeal to the black demographic. basically Trump's way of saying 'look, I can't be racist, I have a black friend!'

that makes it sound like he's just being manipulated and can't think for himself.

maybe trump gave him a special maga hat that allows him to control his mind.

calling a black person out for being a jackass isn't even close to the same thing. you're smart enough to know that.

i agree, but apparently that's not how it works anymore. if you attack an individual, you're attacking their entire race and gender. i guess it's better for ratings.

still the left declares themselves champions and defenders of minorities until it comes to black conservatives, then the "traitor" and "uncle tom" stuff begins.

• Vuijox wrote: »
    that makes it sound like he's just being manipulated and can't think for himself.

I think it's both. he is thinking for himself, and the trump admin is being opportunistic and using him
  • In a parallel universe, all of these statements make sense, but not in this one.
  • DSDS Offishal
    hi my name is kanye west and i have no idea whats going on in this thread
    dEoVuVB_d.jpg?maxwidth=280&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Ah, you’ve been listening to cactus.
  • primateprimate RabbleRouser
    Same as it ever was.
  • BigMex73 wrote: »
    In a parallel universe, all of these statements make sense, but not in this one.

thread hijack:
    has anyone watched 'The Man in the High Castle'?
  • Vuijox wrote: »

maybe trump gave him a special maga hat that allows him to control his mind.

Just because you can think doesn't mean you know things. One of the smartest people I've ever met in my life.. 8 years of college and 3 different Doctorates and could nail most every question on Jeopardy... but didn't know where the dipstick was on his new car or how to change the oil himself (usually paid to have it done). Sometimes it's the subject matter that makes someone dumb or smart. He simply never was mechanically inclined while I've done it as a skill. Doesn't make me smarter than him... just smarter in that area.
  • CatullusCatullus RabbleRouser
    kanye is trump

they're both doing the exact same fucking thing.

I agree with Cat 100%.