kanye won't read this

VuijoxVuijox BabyGroot
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6266479/CNN-fire-mocking-Kanye-Wests-support-president.html

Political commentator Bakari Sellers, who is black, responded: 'Anti-intellectualism simply isn't cool. Kanye West is what happens when negros don't read,' he said referencing a Chris Rock stand-up routine from the 1990s.

Another commentator Tara Setmayer, who is also black, said: 'Now all of the sudden because he's put on a MAGA hat and he's an attention w***e like the president, he's all of a sudden the model spokesperson. He's the token negro of the Trump administration.'

oof... good thing that wasn't said on fox news.

it seems black lives matter until they wear a maga hat.

thoughts, feelings

Comments

• VenkmanVenkman BabyGroot
    edited November 25
    Vuijox wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6266479/CNN-fire-mocking-Kanye-Wests-support-president.html

Political commentator Bakari Sellers, who is black, responded: 'Anti-intellectualism simply isn't cool. Kanye West is what happens when negros don't read,' he said referencing a Chris Rock stand-up routine from the 1990s.

this one definitely ain't cool

Another commentator Tara Setmayer, who is also black, said: 'Now all of the sudden because he's put on a MAGA hat and he's an attention w***e like the president, he's all of a sudden the model spokesperson. He's the token negro of the Trump administration.'

this one, though, how is she wrong? Kanye is clearly being used as a way to appeal to the black demographic. basically Trump's way of saying 'look, I can't be racist, I have a black friend!'

it seems black lives matter until they wear a maga hat.

calling a black person out for being a jackass isn't even close to the same thing. you're smart enough to know that.
  • VuijoxVuijox BabyGroot
    Venkman wrote: »
    this one, though, how is she wrong? Kanye is clearly being used as a way to appeal to the black demographic. basically Trump's way of saying 'look, I can't be racist, I have a black friend!'

that makes it sound like he's just being manipulated and can't think for himself.

maybe trump gave him a special maga hat that allows him to control his mind.

Venkman wrote: »
    calling a black person out for being a jackass isn't even close to the same thing. you're smart enough to know that.

i agree, but apparently that's not how it works anymore. if you attack an individual, you're attacking their entire race and gender. i guess it's better for ratings.

still the left declares themselves champions and defenders of minorities until it comes to black conservatives, then the "traitor" and "uncle tom" stuff begins.

• VenkmanVenkman BabyGroot
    that makes it sound like he's just being manipulated and can't think for himself.

I think it's both. he is thinking for himself, and the trump admin is being opportunistic and using him
  • BigMex73BigMex73 BabyGroot
    In a parallel universe, all of these statements make sense, but not in this one.
  • DSDS Offishal
    hi my name is kanye west and i have no idea whats going on in this thread
    dEoVuVB_d.jpg?maxwidth=280&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Ah, you’ve been listening to cactus.
  • primateprimate RabbleRouser
    Same as it ever was.