The Portal (Episode 1)

1141516171820»

Comments

• jwilljwill RabbleRouser
    Rian caresses Yardi's beautiful nose. "Thank you my sweet." He winks at her as looks at the hole again. "Perhaps a mirror would help?" She rummages through her sack and hands it to Rian. He puts it near the hole but turns it the wrong way and ends up staring at himself in the mirror and smiling. Somewhere an Angel gets it's wings...but...hes still stuck.
  • DSDS RabbleRouser

As Bastion, Dingle, and Yardi all step onto the three remaining different stones, the pictographs flash white and the stones in the wall begin to move. All the ones that were pressed in fix themselves and the mechanism that was holding Rian's arm into the wall releases its grasp on him. The recess his arm was in also fixes itself, revealing a beautiful periapt.

owc4h6l7tuag.jpg
    dEoVuVB_d.jpg?maxwidth=280&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Ah, you’ve been listening to cactus.
  • SockSock RabbleRouser
    Dingle pretends to know what a periapt is
  • BastionBastion BabyGroot

Bastion looks closely at the artifact. Studying its features, he seems to have a realization.

"This... this is a Periapt of Amonkhet... I've read descriptions of such artifacts in my studies of ancient arcana but... they were always held to be artifacts of legend. Never did I think one was actually real."

A thought clicks in his head.

"The five stones! Is Asher looking for the Periapts?! That is dangerous magic. These all are rumored to have incredible effects on the wearer of them once their magic is activated. If he were to gather all five he we be capable of unimaginable things."
  • EochaidhEochaidh RabbleRouser

We should have left the dungeon and helped the elf couple while we had the chance.

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

• DSDS RabbleRouser
    edited April 2018
    Dingle takes the periapt and leads the group to the end of the hallway, up the ladder, and through the trapdoor. There they enter a room with two southern doors and an eastern door. Rian spins around in a circle with his eyes closed before choosing the eastern door. Yardi goes to check the door but trips and falls over her feet and barrels into the eastern room.

There sits a little kitten. Yardi attempts to call the kitty to her, but the kitten is unimpressed and walks through (literally WALKS THROUGH) a southern facing door. Before they blindly stumble through the door however, Yardi notices a rune on the floor. After testing it out with a few torches, they realize that the entire door becomes enveloped with flames whenever the area around the rune is breached.

With a newfound intelligence, Dingle sends the succubus into the Ethereal plane and onto the otherside of the door where she finds the kitten sitting in a field of flowers, but in a room and totally not in a field. She attempts to charm the kitten who yawns and walks (LITERALLY) through a western facing door at the end of the room.

• DSDS RabbleRouser
    i5d2x9lafi5b.jpg

Eochaidh watches. The cat moves west into another room. The succubus returns from the ethereal plane.
    K9sOsQs.png

Yardi retreats into the previous room and, along with Frank, inspects one of the southern doors. It is intricately carved in dark oak and with the same sort of pictographs as seen in the tunnel, but it does not appear to be nefarious and seems to be more of a piece of art than anything more. Though strangely, one of the pictographs seems to be an image of a foot. Curious.

Yardi kicks open the door. The room is lined with shelves and an assortment of random items, except for the endless abyss which is the floor. Also, no cat. Yardi tosses in a pebble, which simply floats. The air seems wobbly. Yardi quickly checks the other southern door, which appears to be trapped -- near its top, something appears wedged into the molding.

Dingle launches himself into the room. And floats, spinning uncontrollably. Rian throws him a rope, but Dingle manages to steady himself without it and attempts to angle towards the shelves... but fails miserably, slamming into them and scattering knick-knack paddywhacks about the room. He begins sinking, but grabs the rope and ties it around his waist. Still sinking, he disappears through the bottom of the floor before finally reaching the end of his rope, literally. Rian begins to haul him back up.

Here, let me help!

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

Maybe we should inspect each room before we pick one to enter?

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

We have found a room of city and a room of mountain. Will the next room be one of lake? Will we find a room of forest? Or since this portal is of the forest, was that the room of space?

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

We also found a room of meadow, perhaps for the clearing where we found the banshee. And perhaps the Kuo-Toa puddle was for the lake?

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

Finally, some action! Eochaidh smartly focuses on the supplicant.

A hex on your wisdom! And eat a bowl of eldritch!

The supplicant eats it, but only gives it a 10 out of 65.

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

Again Eochaidh tolls the dead. The supplicant explodes like a jelly doughnut in a microwave, evaporating the snow golem's head in the process. Ducking the slop as it whizzes past, Eochaidh looks up just in time to see the now headless body of the snow golem wobble slightly... then twist stiffly past its tipping point... then, after what seemed like an eternity, topple dumbly into the earth.

Tiiiiimmmmmberrrrr!!!

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

Dingle is inactive and oh look, a swamp and a branch. Eochaidh throws Dingle. He lands on the branch.

Hey Rian, should I throw @Yardi at @Dingle?

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

Eochaidh tries to stagger to his feet, but the universe is spinning and there's no such thing as up.

Where am I? How long has it been? What happened?!?

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

Where is everyone? Hello?

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

Asher?

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

Slowly, some memories return to Eochaidh. The room of mountain. The snow golem. The supplicant again. A southern door leading to a room of desert. But no, instead the western door leading back to the room of meadow. Then, another western door to a room of swamp. A large branch in the middle. Throwing Dingle at it in exhausting detail. A chest rises out of the muck. A bitterly sarcastic cat triggers the Portal. All is void.

Asher?!?!?

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]

ASHER!!!!!

[color=crimson][b][i]
    Hail Mór-Ríoghain.
    [/b][/i][/color]